10) Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 3: This was limited edition and none are being sold anymore (via certified sellers), but I bought mine for about $65.
- +: 16 amazing colors, 2 mini eyeliners, 1 mini primer. Colors are vibrant and very silky
- -: pricey, not all colors look good (if you apply them wrong, that is), I don’t use it for day to day activities, colors fade through the day without Urban Decay Primer under
9) Maybelline Eye Studio in Pink Plush: $11.
- +: pretty affordable, good quality, colors are smooth.
- -: For Pink Plush (at least on me), the colors are light and hard to see, so it is more of a morning thing for me, not something I can wear at night unless I put a white base primer under the colors
- +: affordable, nice color, the brown is actually darker than I thought, can be applied thick or thin
- -: need to wait a couple of seconds to let the eyeliner dry before blinking, need to scrape off some liquid to get a thin line. I personally can’t use it on the bottom eyelid. I don’t do liquid on the bottom.
- +: and sheer is it! Absorbs oil, doesn’t dry out the rest of your face, goes on sheer (it is slightly tinted) but gives a matte finish, looks pretty natural if you don’t build it up
- -: after a while your applicator stops working and your powder will dry out. But it is still useable! Just not to its optimum usage
6) Clinique Superbalanced Make Up: $23
- +: miraculous wonder. adds moisture where it is needed and absorbs oil too. still wondering how it does that. It gives you a naturally matte finish. It sort of water resistant and streak and sweat proof :).
- -: i still struggle on how to actually get the foundation out of the bottle… Does a good job absorbing oil, but my nose still gets a bit shiny after a while. Not much I can do about my nose.
5) Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara: $26 (I also recommend Diorshow in Black for $25. I would have put Dior up instead of Lancome, except I lost my Diorshow… Either or works. Dior gives more natural body, Hypnose gives more showy body. Both have amazing volume.)
- +: forget Maybelline’s Falsies, this mascara gives you better results in just one layer. Amazing volume and very dramatic. Use multiple layers over Lancome’s Cils Booster $23 and Lancome’s Definicils $26 to give the allusion of fake lashes)
- -: PRICEY GODDAMN. I wouldn’t have invested in this until I saw firsthand the results.
4) Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear: $34
- +: If I am going out during the day, this will be on my face. I use it either as a foundation by itself, or a primer to a foundation powder. Weightless and you can’t really feel it on your face. It doesn’t transfer easily once it dries. It really does give you flawless looking skin that isn’t too matte or too moisturized.
- -: pricey, took a good month for me to get used to it. Tip: Use it above your daily facial moisturizer.
3) Urban Decay Primer in Sin: $20
- +: love this. I always put this or the original potion under all of my eyeshadow. It will make it last the WHOLE ENTIRE DAY and night! Through sweat, water, tears… Now I can’t guarantee your mascara and eyeliner, but at least your eyeshadow will look fresh 24/7. And for the Sin, you can use it just as a cream eyeshadow :)
- -: If you aren’t out and about all the time and you don’t really apply eyeshadow, don’t invest in this. Also, if you wear mostly natural, skin colors, don’t invest in this. This is mostly for vibrant colors or all day wear without crease or smudge. It is pricey if you don’t need it for those reasons.
- +: flawless. absorbs oil. give you an airbrushed finish. Gives a nice coverage if you use concealer under it. it is compact perfection.
- -: i’ve heard complaints of limited color selection? but it is fine for me! it also transfers where my oily spots are, but i still love it. :)
1) Urban Decay Naked Palette: $50
- +: Before you have a heart attack, this palette is worth every single penny. EVERY SINGLE PENNY. Colors are shimmery and bright and light and universally flattering. There are matte colors and shimmer colors. Most of the colors can be used on a day to day basis and the last 3 colors, just apply to your outer V and add some eyeliner and mascara, you instantly have a night look.
- -: nothing. literally, nothing.
Total: $291-$340 (with the items I mentioned but did not list). Worth it? Yeah. These last forever (at least a year.) I’ve had a lot of these for a year+. So that is less than a dollar a day for all of these.
tagged as: almay. beauty. beauty review. beauty tips. clinique. lancome. make up. make up forever. make up review. makeup. maybelline. me. urban decay. both.